Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New www.loganbloom.com

I just launched a redesign of www.loganbloom.com! This version takes some design tips from the simplified look. I've always been a big fan of graphic interfaces, although I don't use flash, and text based pages can be clean when designed well. I had noticed that the web site became cluttered after I had added a few new areas. So I consolidated some of those into new menu options and for the most part it won't need changing. I also updated some of the old out-dated info.

I suppose the next phase will be to get it off of a windows server, move it linux, put php on it and do some programming. I am a big fan of dynamic content driven web sites, which my web site certainly is not right now. I haven't had the time to really get back into my programing days but maybe I'll take a little time to brush up on my old skills and break my website a few times.

I am much better in ColdFusion, but php is free, so while I could do a little cfm work, I imagine php would dominate in the long run. mySQL, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment