Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fine Art Photography

Well, as many of you know, Molly allowed me the purchase of a nice camera to document the growth of our family, especially now that Samuel is only months away! Already having a bit of a creative bug in me and a background in graphic design, I began learning about photography and light (... you know... so I could take pictures of the baby). Needless to say, an artistic itch was scratched! I am by no means a master, but with a handful of my best photos and a solid understanding, I am attempting to launch a line of fine-art photos to be released at certain donation levels.

You probably know that Molly and I raise our own financial support to pay for our living expenses as missionaries at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. My idea is that these fine art photos might be a sort of fun way to fund our ministry! That way our supporters know they are giving to a great cause (namely, us!) while receiving a top-notch product.

How top-notch, you may ask? I have been researching some of the best printers both locally and nationally, and I found a local printer who creates high quality giclée prints for fine art photographers. These prints are gallery and museum quality works of art that last for centuries. Needless to say, I was blown away these prints.

This line of photographs would be comprised of less than 1% of my photos, the best of the best, hand selected for their quality and released in limited edition runs. They arrive inspected, numbered, signed, framed (unless otherwise noted) and ready to hang. There are also a few "open edition" photographs available, also ready to hang.

So, this is my most recent idea. I've met with some printers, picked out my favorite, and I think we're just about ready to launch. I'll keep you posted! Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment